Pune University conducts an Entrance Examination for admission to MCA and MSc ( Computer Science ) Courses in various institutes under Pune University. It offers MCA and MSc ( Computer Science ) Course in a number of institutes throughout the state of Maharashtra.
The interested students need to work hard to clear this Exam. University of Pune is a highly reputed university and is considered to be one of the most aspired universities for students to study
1. Pune University MCA Entrance is specifically conducted for admission to Full time courses conducted at Department of Computer Science University of Pune only.
2. 50% seats of the overall sanctioned intake capacity are reserved for reserved category students from the Maharashtra State.
3. Students are advised to follow the instructions about Pune University Entrance Examination 2012 on this webpage only and any other information may not be entertained on the department office telephone.
Pune University MCA Entrance Test 2012 : 26 Feb 2012
Last date of online Application : 6 Feb 2012
Syllabus for Entrance Examination:
The entrance examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions, and covers the areas of Mathematics, general aptitude and English language.
· Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
· Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
· Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
· Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
· Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
· Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
· Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
· Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
· Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
· Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
· Permutations and Combinations.
· Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.